So you’ve been funded, what’s next?
The next step is two-fold: we need to fulfil our Kickstarter rewards to our backers, and get out on the water and begin the search for the aircraft.
We have completed our Kickstarter campaign as of 11/04/2018, raising £6,286.00 to search for Meyer’s Hercules in the English Channel. Now we have these funds, we can truly begin our search for the Hercules.
Currently, only Kickstarter backers have access to our exclusive updates, however we will be offering a similar ‘buy in’ system on this site too. Keep your eyes peeled for this!
At a later date we will also be offering our physical rewards on this site too, so you could purchase:
- The Dolmen’s album Journey
- An A3 signed print of Flying Home by Simon Cattlin – an oil painting depicting the Hercules on it’s final flight.
- A signed photobook, produced a year on covering all our findings.
- A 57cm x 38cm limited edition print of Flying Home by Simon Cattlin
Read All About It!
To date, we have been featured by the following news outlets:
- BBC Radio 4 – PM with Eddie Mair, 00:48:00 – 18/04/18
- BBC News – The mystery of the homesick mechanic who stole a plane – 18/04/18
- Fox News – Drunk sergeant stole a cargo plane in 1969. So where is it? – 04/04/18
- Stars & Stripes – In 1969, an airman crashed a stolen C-130 into the English Channel. Now divers want to find the plane – 03/04/18
- Thetford and Brandon Times – Are we set to learn truth of Suffolk plane drama 49 years later? – 01/04/18
- Newser – Drunk Sergeant Stole a Cargo Plane. So Where Is It? – 31/03/18
- The Vintage News – The mystery of what happened when a drunken mechanic stole a military plane 50 years ago may soon be solved – 29/03/18
- The Air Force Times – What happened to the Air Force mechanic who stole a C-130 in a drunken, desperate bid to return home? – 29/03/2018
- Live Science – Divers Search for Wreckage of Mystery US Hercules Crash – 27/03/2018
- The Daily Mail – Mystery of the lost love plane: How could a drunken, homesick serviceman steal the giant Hercules… and did he really crash into the Channel? – 24/03/2018
- Dorset Echo – Mystery of the lost US aircraft: Dorset maritime historians to plumb depths of decades-old riddle – 14/03/2018
- BBC News – English Channel hunt due for wreck of stolen Hercules – 13/03/2018
- BBC Radio Solent – “You couldn’t make it up” – the story of the plane crash 50 years ago off the Dorset coast. Interview with Simon & Henry – 13/03/2018
- The Times – Divers aim to reveal fate of homesick US airman who stole Hercules from Suffolk base. Page 20, 13/03/2018
- Wessex FM – Weymouth divers in bid to find missing plane – 13/03/2018
- Scuba Diver – Bid to find stolen Hercules and solve a 50-year-old mystery – 13/03/2018